Meet the people and institutions who make Nigerian Teachers Institute an industry leader.
Composition of the Governing Council
- Chairman and another Federal Government Nominee
- One Member Representing the Fed. Min. of Education
- Three Members representing the NUT, NTA and FRCN
- Two Members representing the Universities
- One Commissioner of Education from each of the Six Geo-Political Zones
- The Director General / CEO
- The Registrar serves as the Secretary to the Council.
Duties of the Governing Council
- To organize and provide programmes for the training, development, upgrading and certification of teachers.
- To carry out research in conjunction with other bodies on any matter relevant to the development of teacher education in the country.
- To conduct post-graduate courses and examinations in EDUCATION for graduate teachers.
- To formulate and initiate relevant policies and programmes towards enriching / improving the content and quality of Teacher education in Nigeria.
- To assess from time to time, the training programmes offered by Institutions controlled by, or associated with the Institute with a view to ascertaining their professional competence.
- To offer such assistance, either alone or in co-operation with other educational bodies, as may be requested by those institutions controlled by or associated with the Institute.
- To foster and enhance international co-operation in the development of Teacher Education.
- To perform such other functions as are necessary or expedient for the full discharge of any of the functions of the Institute.